The Report Analyst will focus on synthesizing existing legacy reports to create data requirements for conversion to PowerBI. As part of this effort, the Analyst will perform a mapping analysis to identify gaps/missing data, document as-is and to be reporting needs, and look for opportunities to reduce the overall number of reports where possible. In this role, the Reporting Analyst will partner with SMEs, stakeholders, developers, data engineers and other data analysts while serving as the internal SME.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset with the ability to process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions. The Reporting Analyst will have excellent communication and presentation skills and detail-oriented
- Acquire intimate knowledge of the data, systems and business processes that create the data and populates the reports by working closely with business analysts, developers, data engineers and business process owners.
- Acquire and master information available in the necessary systems and the enterprise data platform fully understand the reports, the data and associated processes
- Work with Data & Report Owners to identify, analyze and create comprehensive business reporting requirements for data assets from various internal and external sources.
- Contribute to the design of logical data models using business process knowledge and end user needs.
- Understand and document important contextual data about data assets stored and maintained within our analytical solutions (metadata, business context, quality)
- Assess business requirements and provide appropriate recommendations and justifications related to data and existing reports and new requirements
- Develop, document, and communicate data requirements
- Assure our data assets are secure and adhere to the policy
- Understand algorithms of moderate to high complexity
- Lead problem solving process for data quality issue management
- Understand and develop reports in Power BI
- Bachelors in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or related work experience
- 3+ years of business intelligence or data analysis experience
- Extensive experience creating simple to complex reporting solutions from business needs gathered during extensive analysis
- Expert knowledge in SQL with the ability to write complex queries
- Must be intellectually curious and motivated to learn continually
- Expertise data visualization tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Strong project planning and task management skills
|Job Category||Full Time|