About the Role
The Emerging Technologies Team of the Strategy and Innovation division is looking for a forward-thinking, dynamic, and customer-obsessed Lead Software Engineer (R&D). This individual will attract, hire, develop, and lead a team of engineers and technologists (onshore and offshore) to conduct research, develop and enhance software products, and provide technology consulting to customers and partners of core business lines. The Lead Software Engineer would demonstrate proficiency in a broad range of technologies with a solid foundation in modern agile development. The ideal candidate will have an intrinsic curiosity in innovative technology, data-driven experimentation, and a proven track record in solving real-world problems given scarce requirements and technology constraints. The role will report to the Director of Emerging Technology and will collaborate closely with Customers, Product Teams, Designers, Enterprise Architects, InfoSec, and other key stakeholders to support a diverse pipeline of emerging technologies.
About the Emerging Technologies Team
The Emerging Technologies Team is a small group of passionate technology geeks on a mission to explore, incubate, and scale innovative data and software solutions .Our team members have worked at some of the most innovative companies in the world such as Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, and various tech startups. We work hard at what we do and we know how to have fun, albeit remote. Join our team and let’s transform the PropTech industry together!
Job Profile Summary
Leads the design, development, testing, and management of early-stage software products (proof-of-concepts, rapid prototypes, MVPs). This includes bespoke applications, enhancements to existing products, and configuration of COTS software. Where applicable, provides technical leadership in the design and implementation of microservices, APIs, and integration with backend systems. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Participates in the development and delivery of business/technical requirements, software specification documents, user manuals, demos, and presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Leads the design, development, and maintenance of logical programs, code modules, application systems, and other software for the department. This includes early-stage developmental assets (e.g. proof-of-concepts, rapid prototypes, MVPs) and fully managed production assets (e.g. bespoke applications, COTS, etc.).
· Serves as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions by leveraging partnerships with technology teams, vendors, and business leaders to resolve issues and provide insight into best practices, strategies, and architectures such as Design Thinking and Well-Architected Cloud Framework.
· Has or attains detailed knowledge of software architecture; evaluates design alternatives; makes technical trade-offs between short-term team needs and long-term business needs (risks, costs, benefits); determines how to apply and/or reuse technologies across different areas of the company.
· Provides consultation on business requirements and functional specifications; works with Product Managers, Project Managers and Business Analysts to produce project delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery. Define and split large architectural objectives into smaller incremental objectives
· Provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with project managers to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues.
· Create flowcharts, architecture diagrams, presentations, demos, and other technical documents for training, security/compliance, marketing, and IT support purposes.
· Receives general direction and is competent to perform most aspects of the job independently but serves as team lead to promote inclusion, speed, and performance.
· Actively identifies issues, seeks out solutions and makes recommendations to the broad business community to apply customized solutions to solve business problems
· Assists in performing code reviews ensuring secure, efficient, and scalable development practices are being followed.
· Attracts, hires, develops, and mentors junior developers and peers to create and maintain a positive and high-performing team culture.
· Perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
· Proficiency in cloud platforms (AWS preferred)
· Proficiency with Frontend technologies such as React, Angular, Vue or similar
· Proficiency with Backend technologies such as Node, Django, Go or similar
· Proficiency with Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, or similar
· Proficiency with CI/CD Flows such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Travis CI or similar
· Proficiency with Test Driven Development or similar
· Experience in search platforms such as Apache SOLR, Elastic stack, or similar technologies
· Experience in machine learning, data science, applied AI (NLP, OCR, deep learning), or similar.
· Experience in containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, or similar).
· Experience in designing and deploying microservices and APIs that are secure, highly available, and high performing
· Agile software development lifecycle management with tools such as JIRA
· Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· 8+ years of experience in software development or a related field within an organization
· 5+ years supervisory experience with a high-performing, co-located team
· 5+ years of experience using Agile software development practices and management tools
· 5+ years of experience with Linux and Windows server administration
· 5+ years working within virtualization or cloud environments
· 5+ years systems engineering experience
· 3+ years of systems management/administration automation
· Master’s or PhD Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Prior tech start-up, R&D, or advanced technology development experience
· FinTech, PropTech or similar industry experience
· 3+ years of experience with AWS services on production workloads
· 3+ years working on large-scale distributed systems
· 1+ years of experience using, designing, and/or implementing system health and performance monitoring tools
· 1+ years of experience with security concepts such as network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography, etc.
· 1+ years of experience in machine learning / data science
· Experience using, implementing, or managing configuration management platforms
· Experience with low code/no code technologies such as UiPath, Alteryx, Microsoft Power Platform
· AWS Solutions Architecture certification or similar certifications
|Job Category||Full Time|